(NUI) - When planning a wedding, more and more brides and grooms are booking motorcoaches along with other essentials like the band, the florist and the photographer.|
Many couples include motorcoaches because they allow guests to enjoy the celebration without worrying about unpredictable variables like parking, traffic or inclement weather. Spending time on the coach "breaking the ice" and getting to know new friends and family is priceless. Also, the bride and groom are free to enjoy the reception without fretting overs guests getting lost or driving while intoxicated.
With this in mind, here's a checklist to help brides and grooms stay on course.
6 Months or More Prior
* Create a budget.
* Set a wedding date.
* Select wedding party.
* Choose invitations.
* Select gowns and tuxedos.
* Investigate ceremony, rehearsal dinner, reception sites.
* Interview caterers, photographers, florists, bands.
* Interview local motorcoach companies to transport your guests.
3 to 6 Months Prior
* Contract photographer, videographer, caterer, baker, florist, musician,
* Schedule fittings for you and your attendants.
* Finalize sites for ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner.
* Select wedding rings.
* Finalize honeymoon and music selection.
* Begin flower selection.
* Check motorcoach company references and safety records, then sign a contract.
2 to 3 Months Prior
* Finish guest list.
* Send out invitations.
* Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
* Set wedding day appointment for hair, nails, make-up.
* Confirm wedding day itinerary with motorcoach company.
* Consider a special motorcoach tour for guests. Select a video, or perhaps old home movies, to play on the drive.
3 to 8 Weeks Prior
* Select a guest book.
* Final fittings for you and your attendants.
* Finalize church logistics with clergy, wedding guild, musicians and florist.
* If changing names, get forms for name change.
* Write thank you notes.
* Confirm rehearsal events. * Pick up wedding rings.
* Get marriage license.
* Take a tour of the motorcoach and plan to accent it with wedding decorations, food and drinks.
1 Week Prior
* Finalize ceremony and reception seating.
* Check to be sure that you have all the details: ring pillow, cake knife and toasting glasses.
* Finalize motorcoach details: give motorcoach operater directions, get driver's name and assign a friend or relative as the wedding day contact.
The Day Before the Wedding
* Pick up rented attire.
* Attend the rehearsal and dinner.
* Get a good night's sleep.
* Rest easy because your guests' transportation is all arranged!
© Copyright 2006 by CarJunky®