(NAPSI)-Cars with leather interiors are on the rise. Research has found that new vehicles with leather accounted for 26 percent of vehicles on the road in 2000, up from 15 percent in 1996. With demand for leather steadily growing, leather and seat suppliers cite many reasons for the increase. |
• Car owners are keeping their vehicles longer, and want seats that last longer as well.
• Baby boomers who want only the best tend to pick leather.
• Leasing, which relies on good resale prices, has encouraged consumers to choose luxury options such as leather. Leather holds value better than other upgrades and additions.
• Leather has become more affordable. It can cost as little as $10 per month extra when leasing.
• Even less expensive cars are available with leather.
• A recent study finds that 24 percent of individuals surveyed thought that leather seats were more important than four-wheel drive in their decision to purchase a new car.
"With the rising popularity of leather in vehicles, we have found that many consumers are not sure how to care for their leather interiors. Using inappropriate solvents on leather can damage it-ultimately affecting a car's value," said Suzanne Thompson, R&D Director at The Armor All/STP Products Company. "It is important to protect and care for leather with products made specifically for leather care. And caring for leather doesn't have to be difficult, it can be quick and easy."
Here are a few tips on caring for your leather, and helping it to maintain its durability and resilience:
• Avoid using any household cleaning products, solvents, or rubber, vinyl and plastic cleaners on leather, as they may damage the finish.
• Leather's surface has natural pores and crevices in which particles of dirt and other matter can collect. During normal use (getting in and out of the vehicle), these particles can accumulate and become abrasive to leather's protective finish. Cleaning the surface regularly will reduce this effect and help prolong the life of the leather.
• Armor Allª Leather Wipes are a quick and easy one-step method to clean and protect your car's leather to keep it looking like new. The pre-moistened wipes are specially formulated to safely and effectively clean and protect the natural look and softness of leather upholstery.
• Keep leather cleaner in your car where it's handy and easily accessible. It's important to clean stains and spills as they happen to keep leather in tip-top shape.
Leather Care Has Now Been Made Easy!
Still contemplating if leather upholstery is really for you? Do you already have leather? Leather interior can indeed be a wonderful asset to your car. Just remember, to increase the mileage you get from your leather, and to keep it looking fabulous, keep it cleaned and protected. Be good to your leather, and your leather will be good to you.
For more information, visit the Web site at www.armorall.com.
It can be easy to protect and care for leather if you use products made specifically for that material.
© Copyright 2006 by CarJunky®
View Our News on Your
MyYahoo or MyMSN
Use Our RSS News Feed
On Your Site