P311-04517BE S40RS New
- SOFTRIDE SPRG 4IN. REARSCOUTII
- ; Lift Height 4 in.; Includes Spring Bushing; Single
- Softride Leaf Spring
- Product Attributes:
- Lift/Drop Height: 4 In.
- WARNING CA Proposition 65: Yes
- WARNING CA Proposition 65 Message: California Residents- Warning: Cancer And/or Other Reproductive Harm. (for More Information Go To Www.p65warnings.ca.gov)
- Softride(R) springs use only American steel and the individual leafs of each spring are shot-peened with hard steel pellets at very high velocities. This shot-peening compresses the surface of the steel thereby increasing the tensile strength of the spring. Without this shot-peening procedure, the maximum wheel travel and ride quality could not be achieved without sacrificing the life of the spring. Softride(R) springs use bolt style spring clips, eliminating friction. Other spring designs use the cinch style bend clips which bend tightly over the spring leafs causing binding and friction. Skyjacker(R) Softride(R) springs taper over the entire length of the leaf creating more flex at the leaf ends. This tapering distributes loads more evenly over a greater area and reduces the tendency for one leaf to dig into the leaf above it.