Carjunky.com [ return ]
FromMessage
Vastan
 Email

3/04/2005
10:19:38
Subject: 2000 Kia Sephia Speedometer Does Not Work
IP: Logged

I own a 2000 Kia Sephia. Yesterday my speedometer stopped working and the Check Engine light and blinking O/D indicator came on. I consider myself pretty handy with cars and was wondering if anyone new what the fix may be on this: A faulty speedometer cable, a faulty electric sensor etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vastan

Tom Greenleaf
 Email

3/04/2005
17:24:28
RE: 2000 Kia Sephia Speedometer Does Not Work

Never worked on a Kia but mechanics is mechanics. Most newer cars don't use cables for speedometers any more. It's sensed at the trans and goes to the computer to make automatic engine adjustments for speed vs load request. Lights will be lit on dash! Some veh may run poorly or not at all over this.

Check for something unplugged electric at the trans or anywhere under hood. Sometimes they get burned wires too. Visual check may just get you to find the problem. Good Luck, Tom Greenleaf

Vastan
 Email

3/07/2005
09:54:02

Anonymous
 Email

4/07/2005
17:08:12

i have same problem with my KIA Sephia LS, bought new speed sensor, but no one knows where or how to change it. any help would be greatly appreciated. any web site i could find help?

Kacey
 Email

5/20/2005
19:45:23

I just resently bought a used 2000 kia sephia. Last weekI noticed it wasnt getting up to speed and it sounded like it was changing gears late. I gave it a few days went to drive it and it was very difficult to go above 35mph. Ive changed my trans. fluid and oil, but this didnt help. If you have any help please let me know thanks.

P 1

Post a reply to this message:
Name:
Email:
Notify me when I get a reply to my message:Yes  No

Subject:

New Topic!New Topic! NEW Automotive Forums and MESSAGE BOARDS for CarJunky New Topic!New Topic!

please post new messages here!!
This system will not accept new posts.....

Copyright . , Carjunky.com,