Carjunky.com [ return ]
FromMessage
Jared M. Nordblom
 Email

2/22/2005
18:30:26
Subject: 2000 Kia Sephia blinking O/D OFF & Check Engine
IP: Logged

I've got a 2000 Kia Sephia LS and the O/D OFF warning light keeps blinking and the Check Engine light is illuminated. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Cordially,
Jared M. Nordblom

3/03/2005
 Email

3/03/2005
04:41:00
RE: 2000 Kia Sephia blinking O/D OFF & Check Engine

I have the same problem with my 1998 Kia Sephia.
It just started on my way to work last night.
If you've found anything out please notify me and I'll do same.
Thanks
Dennis Eggers
or if anyone has suggestion

Jared Nordblom
 Email

3/08/2005
21:38:39

Mr. Eggers, I took it in to JD Byrider where I bought it, and there was some pinched tubing. They don't do transmission work there, so I took it to a transmission place they work with. The lights went off on my way to the latter place, and it's been okay since. You may want to try disconnecting the battery to reset the onboard computer, though I assume no responsibility if something goes wrong. If that doesn't work, you may have to take it to a mechanic who can diagnose the problem with a series of computer tests. I just think that sometimes the car's computer messes up the automatic shift points and needs to be reset. Good luck!

Jared

Dennis Eggers
 Email

3/29/2005
00:44:23

tried disconnecting the battery and that worked, seems to be runnin' fine.
dennis

Christopher
 Email

4/02/2005
01:39:57

If your check engine light comes on then you can take your car to any Autozone parts store and they will use there own code reader and give you the code(s) as to why your check engine light is on. It will be in the form of PXXXX in the place of the XXXX will be a # and that # you can look up in the manual or online to diagnose your problem. In some cases they may be able to tell you what it means. This service is free of charge. Although, it is not available in California, something about their laws.

Can anyone tell me the brand name of the oem (stock) automatic transmission?

Kwabena
 Email

4/25/2005
09:05:44
O/D system button

What is the purpose/use of the O/D system button on the gear?

Bobby Smith
 Email

5/11/2005
15:00:25

I seem to be having this problem with my 2000 Kia Sephia. We just replaced the engine and it started this yesterday. Mine died when I got to a stop sign then was idling rough. Later my father took it out and had it in the freeway goin 90 miles an our no lights or anything. Then it started again today. Think reseting the computer will help?? Also where was the pinched hose located??? Thanks

Bobby Smith
 Email

5/11/2005
15:00:45

I seem to be having this problem with my 2000 Kia Sephia. We just replaced the engine and it started this yesterday. Mine died when I got to a stop sign then was idling rough. Later my father took it out and had it in the freeway goin 90 miles an our no lights or anything. Then it started again today. Think reseting the computer will help?? Also where was the pinched hose located??? Thanks

dm
 Email

5/19/2005
19:33:06

I have had a similiar problem. I have a 1996 ford explorer. My speedometer, odometer, stopped working and the o/d light is blinking. The check engine light is also on. It all happened at the same time. Anyone have an answer to what this could be? Thx

dm
 Email

5/19/2005
19:33:20

I have had a similiar problem. I have a 1996 ford explorer. My speedometer, odometer, stopped working and the o/d light is blinking. The check engine light is also on. It all happened at the same time. Anyone have an answer to what this could be? Thx

dm
 Email

5/19/2005
19:33:12

Ron
 Email

6/14/2005
00:37:26
RE: 1998 Kia Sephia blinking O/D OFF & Check Engin

stopped working and the O/D off light and
check engine light came on. I noticed this
started happening since I turned on the air
conditioning for the first time.

Ron
 Email

6/14/2005
00:37:43
RE: 1998 Kia Sephia blinking O/D OFF & Check Engin

stopped working and the O/D off light and
check engine light came on. I noticed this
started happening since I turned on the air
conditioning for the first time.

Lon
 Email

7/09/2005
20:53:20

I have a 98 Sephia 1.8 that the blinking O/D and Check engine were on, O/D Blinking started today when speedometer stopped working, I was able to disconnect battery and this made check engine and O/D stop, speedometer still did not work. Anyone else try anything else that worked to fix this, or do you have to take car with this problem to mechanic
Lon

donna archinal
 Email

7/19/2005
19:58:59

i have a 2000 kia sephia my car has been stalling and today the o/d light started to flash any suggestions?

donna archinal
 Email

7/19/2005
19:59:15

i have a 2000 kia sephia my car has been stalling and today the o/d light started to flash any suggestions?

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:14:17

I know everything that all of you are asking about. When the O/D light is blinking there is a electrical problem with the transmission (that's by the book). From my 5 year experience the wire to the O/D button has been cut or disconnected. In other words if you push the button you will not be able to upshift to 4th gear or downshift to 3rd gear. These wires or red and green and is connected to the shift knob. You can find one at the nearest junk yard. I have done this so you can too. The Check Engine light is very simple but cost a lot of money. For this problem your O2 scensor(s) are bad and/or you will or might have to replace your catalytic converter. The pre-cat and the main-cat. Yes there are 2. I have not replace these on my car, but if you don't the gas milege is bad but not too bad. Now a qestion for all of you. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the cooling fans on the 2000 kia sephia? If so write me back or send info to MAD-C Racing or Curtis Hutchinas III @ 2004 Frank E Ave, Jacksonville, Florida 32208-3770.

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:14:22

I know everything that all of you are asking about. When the O/D light is blinking there is a electrical problem with the transmission (that's by the book). From my 5 year experience the wire to the O/D button has been cut or disconnected. In other words if you push the button you will not be able to upshift to 4th gear or downshift to 3rd gear. These wires or red and green and is connected to the shift knob. You can find one at the nearest junk yard. I have done this so you can too. The Check Engine light is very simple but cost a lot of money. For this problem your O2 scensor(s) are bad and/or you will or might have to replace your catalytic converter. The pre-cat and the main-cat. Yes there are 2. I have not replace these on my car, but if you don't the gas milege is bad but not too bad. Now a qestion for all of you. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the cooling fans on the 2000 kia sephia? If so write me back or send info to MAD-C Racing or Curtis Hutchinas III @ 2004 Frank E Ave, Jacksonville, Florida 32208-3770.

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:18:09

I know everything that all of you are asking about. When the O/D light is blinking there is a electrical problem with the transmission (that's by the book). From my 5 year experience the wire to the O/D button has been cut or disconnected. In other words if you push the button you will not be able to upshift to 4th gear or downshift to 3rd gear. These wires or red and green and is connected to the shift knob. You can find one at the nearest junk yard. I have done this so you can too. The Check Engine light is very simple but cost a lot of money. For this problem your O2 scensor(s) are bad and/or you will or might have to replace your catalytic converter. The pre-cat and the main-cat. Yes there are 2. I have not replace these on my car, but if you don't the gas milege is bad but not too bad. Now a qestion for all of you. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the cooling fans on the 2000 kia sephia? If so write me back or send info to MAD-C Racing or Curtis Hutchinas III @ 2004 Frank E Ave, Jacksonville, Florida 32208-3770. You can call me on my cell @ 904-445-8966 or nextel me @ 160*133668*8

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:18:16

I know everything that all of you are asking about. When the O/D light is blinking there is a electrical problem with the transmission (that's by the book). From my 5 year experience the wire to the O/D button has been cut or disconnected. In other words if you push the button you will not be able to upshift to 4th gear or downshift to 3rd gear. These wires or red and green and is connected to the shift knob. You can find one at the nearest junk yard. I have done this so you can too. The Check Engine light is very simple but cost a lot of money. For this problem your O2 scensor(s) are bad and/or you will or might have to replace your catalytic converter. The pre-cat and the main-cat. Yes there are 2. I have not replace these on my car, but if you don't the gas milege is bad but not too bad. Now a qestion for all of you. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the cooling fans on the 2000 kia sephia? If so write me back or send info to MAD-C Racing or Curtis Hutchinas III @ 2004 Frank E Ave, Jacksonville, Florida 32208-3770. You can call me on my cell @ 904-445-8966 or nextel me @ 160*133668*8

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:18:37

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:18:54

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:19:13

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:19:22

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:19:15

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:19:16

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:19:15

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:19:16

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:20:47

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:20:11

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:21:22

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:21:58

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:22:33

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:23:05

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:23:13

Curtis Hutchinas III
 Email

7/31/2005
22:23:46

leighanne
 Email

9/30/2005
08:26:38

i had a problem with my 2000 kia sephia this morning i stopped to turn then i started going straight again in 2nd gear and then my check engine light came on. I still have the same original motor, and i dont have any o/d light on should i just try to disconnect the battery?

erin
 Email

10/06/2005
19:30:48

ok so i have a 2000 kia sephia and the check engine light goes on when the heat is turned on and then turns off. also BIGGGG problem the interior lights the back taillight and the front running light fuse keeps blowing. does anyone encountered this or is my car the only one with a short in the wiring? help me pleaseeeee
thanks erin

Tanya
 Email

10/11/2005
21:00:28
99 Kia Sephia

The engine light just came on today on my 99 Kia Sephia. How do I check that without spending to much money? Can I get the codes checked for free in CA somewhere?
Also, sometimes it has a problem transitioning to a higher gear and its an automatic. This usually happens when I haven't driven it for a day or two. What can I do for this?

Tanya
 Email

10/11/2005
21:00:42
99 Kia Sephia

The engine light just came on today on my 99 Kia Sephia. How do I check that without spending to much money? Can I get the codes checked for free in CA somewhere?
Also, sometimes it has a problem transitioning to a higher gear and its an automatic. This usually happens when I haven't driven it for a day or two. What can I do for this?

P 1

Post a reply to this message:
Name:
Email:
Notify me when I get a reply to my message:Yes  No

Subject:

New Topic!New Topic! NEW Automotive Forums and MESSAGE BOARDS for CarJunky New Topic!New Topic!

please post new messages here!!
This system will not accept new posts.....

Copyright . , Carjunky.com,